The Don Valley Cable Car initiative is an innovative project within the history of Toronto. It brings together the public, private and not-for-profit sectors to build something truly unique for the city.
It’s also a complex and challenging project that requires the assistance and input from a wide variety of stakeholders. So if you like the idea of Toronto building Canada’s first urban cable car system and have a couple of minutes to spare, here’s how you can help:
– If you support the project, make it known. Word of mouth is still the best means of communication.
– If you dislike the project, make it known. The only way we can improve the project is to know what people don’t like about it.
– Tell your family and friends about the project. Odds are if you like it, they will too.
– Invite one of our Project Team members to come speak at your community, professional or recreational event.
– Send us an email expressing your viewpoint at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Visit and like our Facebook page
– Follow and retweet our Twitter feed
– Get in the habit of using our #torontocablecar hastag
– Visit this website on a semi-regular basis.
– Sign-up for our email newsletter
– Join us on March 8th at the Estonian House for our first Public Information Session.
– Visit our kiosk on February 20th, 27th & March 5th at the Evergreen Brick Works Winter Village
A project such as the Don Valley Cable Car involves a myriad of stakeholders, residents, government agencies and businesses. As such, the Project Team has launched a comprehensive public consultation process that utilizes both in-person and online methods of communication.
The Don Valley Cable Car has retained LURA Consulting, one of Toronto’s oldest public engagement firms to lead this consultation.
If you wish to express an opinion about the project, request an in-person meeting on the subject or have any questions, comments or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Furthermore, if you wish to be added to our email list to receive ongoing updates about the project, please use the signup form below.
The Don Valley Cable Car project team hosted a community information session on March 8th, 2016 in the Broadview & Danforth area of Toronto at the Estonian House.
This meeting provided all interested parties with a comprehensive understanding of the project and all current project details.
Stakeholders were invited to express their opinions on the project (both positively and negatively).
Over 140 stakeholders attended the info session with over 50 submitting formal opinions and comments.
These opinions will be collated and made available for public review. Names and contact details of participants will be kept strictly confidential.
Subscribers to our email newsletter will be advised when these results are available for review.
For those who couldn’t make the Community Information Session or simply preferred a more personal one-to-one conversation, the Project Team was available for three Saturdays before the information session Evergreen Brick Works Winter Village on February 20th, 27th and March 5th between 9am-5pm.
Results of those kiosks are being collated and will be made available to the public shortly.
The Don Valley Cable Car team has launched a volunteer Project Steering Committee to help manage project priorities and address community concerns.
If you wish to be considered for a place within the Don Valley Cable Car Project Steering Committee, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your request, a brief introduction and how you think you can contribute to the committee.
While we thank everyone for their interest, space within the Steering Committee is limited. The project team cannot, therefore, guarantee that all requests will be accepted.